So, about that shawl…I realized midway through the last pattern repeat that I had royally fucked up the lace pattern on the last leaf before the center stitch markers and the last leaf of the row. I was unhappy with how it looked, so I ripped out fifteen rows of lace and started knitting again.
One of the “mistakes” I made in the previous iteration gave the leaves a nice curve at the top, and when I started working on this again I couldn’t figure out how I made that mistake. So I have more angular leaves. Next time I work a pattern like this, I’m taking notes. #themoreyouknow
Sadly, the leaves at the ends of the rows are still ugly.
About 75% or so done with the Balsam Hollow shawl. Knit with Cascade Heritage in Christmas Green that I bought off someone on Ravelry. Lace pattern the first is almost done. Knit with interchangeable needles, one 4 and one 5 on this stockinette section. Nothing else of note. Nothing to see here, move along.
My face is still swollen from the dental work I had done yesterday, so I was unable to get a picture of myself wearing this gorgeous thing. I’m throwing it around my neck like a long, drapey necklace, and I hope it doesn’t look too much like a nursing bib. Ravelry page TK.
So remember the capelet I was working on a fortnight ago? Yeah, I kind of misread the pattern. It only occurred to me that I needed to increase on both sides of the ribbed border after I had knit 20 rows. I’d been jonesing for a few smaller projects and decided to put that away for a bit so I could knit up some gift yarn into a shawl.
This is Trillian, one of the Douglas Adams-inspired shawls that Martina Behm designed. It’s easy enough to knit during conference calls and meetings, which is advantageous since I just took on some new responsibilities at my job. I love how the yarn (Valley Yarns Charlemont in burgundy) knits up. It has great drape and doesn’t pool excessively, and it has great stitch definition.
Me being me, however, I can’t help but make some mistakes.
Spot the misplaced purl bump in this picture.
I’m working with metal needles, which I don’t normally do because the stitches tend to fall off the needle if I stop in the middle of the row. I thought I’d gotten all the stitches back on the needle in their correct condition, but, well…
I’m hoping to complete this within the next week or so, both because I’d like to work on something a skosh more challenging and because I want to have something new for FO Friday next week. Stay tuned…