This weekend I cast on 313 stitches (!) for Lavinia, a recent pattern by Andi Satterlund. I love Andi’s midcentury aesthetic and the relative ease with which she writes her patterns. While I find some of her patterns hard to follow (due to my own quirks and preferences), I like that she doesn’t write patterns for garments with tiny gauges that need to be seamed, like what you’d find in actual 1950s knitting patterns.
So far I’m about twelve rows into this. While the pattern changes too much from row to row to truly be memorize-able, the changes that happen follow a logical order. The frequent decreases also make this a faster-than-expected knit. I am, however, getting used to the increases and decreases in the sections between the fan ribbing.
I’m knitting this from Pingouin Coeur de Laine yarn, which I got at Wrap Around’s annual swap. I had initially used this for the Lucy Van Pelt dress, which didn’t come out all that well. Fortunately, I was able to recycle the yarn and make something better suited to my wardrobe and my build. I’m happy with how well this is coming out, and I can’t wait to wear it!